Technician III-Cleanroom Monitor
Ball Aerospace is a leader in design, development and manufacture of innovative aerospace systems. We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products that enable exciting missions.
Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs. We were also a pioneer in the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing imaging systems and spacecraft that helped spawn a new market-driven demand for imagery. Our projects offer some of the most difficult and exciting challenges in aerospace.
We employ approximately 3,000 talented engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff. And one of the keys to our success is our people. Our employees take great pride in their contributions to better understanding our planet and protecting the nation.
What You’ll Do:
* Technician support as a Cleanroom Monitor for Aerospace Cleanroom Manufacturing Environment
* Cleanroom apparel is required to be worn by personnel in this position while following cleanroom protocol in contamination sensitive environments.
* Monitors and takes necessary action to maintain the cleanroom environment
* Perform work from a ladder or crane 15 to 20 feet off the ground
* Work in cleanrooms to support other personnel, customers, contractors and working in the cleanrooms
* Must be able to read and follow written instructions, policies and procedures
* Make measurements and collect data using various instruments including remote access
* Support a team environment with cross functional team members and flexibility to real time requests
* Understand and execute verbal directions
* A technical background is beneficial as well as a willingness to add responsibilities as the job requires
* Assembly of metal shelving, carts, and tables is required
* Customer service is a requirement of this position
* Maintain certification in areas such as crane operation, fork lift operation and other certifications as required by this position
* Willing to work overtime as required
* Position may require government security investigation and must meet eligibilty requirements
What You’ll Need:
* Strong computer skills and math skills required.
* Cleanroom knowledge is desirable but is not required
* Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs
* Experience performing work from ladders and cranes
* Normal sight, hearing, and smell are required
* High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 years or more related experience or 2 years of technical school and 2 years or more related experience
* In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher level degree, i.e. Associate’s, may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education.
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency is Required
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Job Number: 619394
Please click here to apply
Source: Ball Aerospace