Principal Product Development Engineer – Medical Device
Location: Saint Paul, MN; Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $80,000 – $100,000
Education: Bachelor of Science
Experience Required: At least 2 Years
Short Description: Product Development Engineer – Medical Device – Plastics Manufacturing – Microsurgical Device
Required Skills: Product Development Engineer, Medical Device, Research & Development R&D, DFSS (Design for Six Sigma), GMP Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO 13485 and 14971, Plastics Manufacturing and Design, Enclosure Design, Electromechanical Design, Microsurgical Device Design
Recruiter: David Wright
Date Updated: 7/21/2010
Product Development Engineer, Medical Device, Research & Development R&D, DFSS (Design for Six Sigma), GMP Good Manufacturing Practices, ISO 13485 and 14971, Plastics Manufacturing and Design, Enclosure Design, Electromechanical Design, Microsurgical Device Design
Principal Product Development Engineer – Medical Device – Twin Cities
We are a leader in the development, manufacturing and marketing of implantable biomaterials and surgical tools.
* Supervise the Research and Development Engineering Group Design and develop novel implements for micro-surgical tools and biologic processing.
* Coordinate new process development efforts including documentation and release to production.
* Lead design teams and mentor direct reports.
* Work with product commercialization teams to insure manufacturability of new products.
* Provide consulting expertise on product development operations and product manufacturing processes.
* Engineering Team Lead for providing high level design and problem solution directions.
* Represent the R&D Engineering function on cross-functional project and process teams
* Assist in new product transfer from R&D to facilitate seamless transfer to Manufacturing.
* B.Sc. required, M.Sc. preferred, Ph.D. desired, MechE, ChemE, IE or Material Science.
* 8+ years in demonstrated product development experience commercializing medical devices.
* 3+ years of engineering supervisory experience.
* Knowledge of DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) and lean methodology required. Six Sigma Black Belt certification a plus.
* Knowledge of ISO, GMP’s and FDA requirements are required.
* Ideal candidate will have plastics manufacturing and design, enclosure design, electro-mechanical design and micro-surgical device design experience.
* Computer skills include MS Word, Excel, Project, Solid Works, AutoCAD software.
* Outstanding work environment with about 35% time spent in controlled environment cleanrooms and labs. Will work on development teams where progressive ideas and recommendations are encouraged.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
* Ability to travel, including occasional overnight trips
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Please click here to apply.